Moderator: Grace Bradley, DDS, MSc, FRCD(c)
Speakers: Drs. Martin Hyrcza, Iona Leong, Christina McCord, Catherine Poh, Firoozeh Samim, Grace Bradley, Marco Magalhaes
* All of the speakers involved in this seminar have been verified as having no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Course Description (3.5 credit hours):
Ten cases of Head and Neck Pathology will be presented as unknown cases. Virtual slide scans and short case histories will be made available to course participants ahead of time so that participants can submit their diagnoses for discussion at the seminar. The cases will be selected to cover a range of histopathologic diagnoses and each poses a diagnostic challenge that will stimulate discussion and review of the pertinent literature.
Objectives of course:
- Examine pathology cases that represent recently described entities and discuss them in the context of related pathologic conditions.
- Analyze cases that present a diagnostic challenge and require correlation of histomorphology, immunohistochemical staining and molecular genetics to arrive at a diagnosis.
At the end of this course the participants will have:
- Increased their insight into the 10 lesions that were presented, including the diagnostic criteria, differential diagnoses and disease classification
- Reviewed the recent literature pertaining to the 10 lesions
- Refined their approach to diagnosis of this group of lesions