Moderator: Indraneel Bhattacharyya, DDS, MSD
Speakers: Drs. Roman Carlos, Ashley Clark, Nadim Islam, Kelly Magliocca, Molly Smith, Tina Woods
* All of the speakers involved in this seminar have been verified as having no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Course Description (3 Credit Hours)
Ten challenging cases of head and neck pathology will be presented as unknown cases. Virtual slide scans and short case histories will be made available to course participants ahead of time so that participants can submit their diagnoses for discussion at the seminar. The cases will be selected to cover a range of histopathologic diagnoses and each poses a diagnostic challenge that will stimulate discussion and review of the pertinent literature.
Objectives of course:
- Examine microscopic pathology of specific entities presented that represent diagnostic challenges or share overlapping histopathologic features with other entities and discuss them in the context of related pathologic conditions.
- Analyze cases that present a diagnostic challenge and require correlation of histomorphology, immunohistochemical staining and molecular genetics to arrive at a diagnosis.
At the end of this course the participants will have:
- Increased their insight into the histopathologic presentation for the cases discussed here, including the diagnostic criteria, differential diagnoses and disease classification
- Reviewed the recent literature pertaining to this diverse set of entities
- Refined their approach to diagnosis of this group of lesions
- Be familiar with the management and/or treatment for each of these entities